4TH EDITION WEB SERIES RULES AND GUIDELINES/ENTRY REGULATIONS
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES FOR THE 4th EDITION OF THE ALFÀS DEL PI INTERNATIONAL WEBSERIES FESTIVAL “FIDEWÀ” WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE 13th to 15th SEPTEMBER 2018.Submissions are accepted since the publication of the following regulations until July 31th, 2018.
Submissions are done thorough the Festival’s Official Website by filling out the registration form prepared for the purpose.
Only webseries that have at least 3 episodes released on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible for entry into the 2018 Festival competition. Entries can be of any duration, theme, genre, live action or animation, national or international. If the Original Version of the webseries is not in Spanish nor Valencian, then it must have hard coded subtitles in any of these two co-official languages.
1. ABOUT FIDEWÀPurpose and objetive of the call.
The L’Alfàs del Pi International Webseries Festival (FIDEWÀ), celebrates the progressive evolution of entertainment and programming created exclusively for the Internet with the purpose of acting as a showcase/window and a meeting point between renowned professionals in the following areas: digital content, audiovisual communications, fiction in the Internet and transmedia storytelling. And, therefore, also between young producers, filmmakers, actors, actresses, creators and, of course, the audience. Accordingly, the Festival defends as its leitmotiv to become -due to its marked transversal, cultural and didactic nature- the entrepreneur, talent and creative platform in this country par excellence.
2. DATES AND VENUEFIDEWÁ’s fourth edition will be held in the Casa de Cultura in L’Alfàs del Pi (Alicante), September 13th, 14th and 15th, 2018.
3. REQUIREMENTSWho can take part in the FIDEWÀ:
All submitters must be 18 years or older.
All entries must be the intellectual property of the submitter(s) or submitter(s) must have permission for use of all content rights including music contained in their web series.
Those persons who participate in the organization of the Festival or otherwise have any relation with the organization or its members are strictly prohibited from participating.
Submissions must be held by the director, producer or legal distribution representative.
4. WEBSERIES REQUIREMENTSOnly webseries completed on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible for entry into the 2018 Festival competitions.
Language: All non-Spanish submissions must have Spanish and/or Valenciano subtitles.
Format: Series must be available on the web, entrants should upload their series to a video hosting site such as Youtube or Vimeo and provide the organization the corresponding link. In the case of being selected, entrants will be asked to send a copy Full HD.
Any of the following film formats is accepted:
- Container: Mov, Codec: Apple Prores.
- Container: Mov/Mp4, Codec: H.264.
- Resolution: 2K, 1080p, 720p.
- Standard Frame Rate: 24, 25 fps.
- Sound: PCM estéreo or Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3, AAC, bit rate 480 min.).
Webseries that do not gather the necessary requirements for a quality public screening will be excluded.
Theme: Films which contain pornography, scenes which make derogatory or inflammatory statements about individuals or groups of people, depict or promote violent activity, extreme or real-life violence, animal torture or abuse will not be accepted. Those that have an advertising message will also be dismissed, as well as those which are intended to harm someone’s reputation. Submiteer(s) will be responsible for the legal content of their series.
Number of released episodes: Three (3) or more completed and released webisodes by 31th July, 2018 are required. (*Episodes must, at that time, be uploaded on the series official website or channel).
Webseries must be original, all entries must be the intellectual property of the submitter(s) or submitter(s) must have permission for use of all content rights including music contained in their web series. The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless the Festival from and against any and all claims which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, being the submitter(s) the only responsible.
The Festival does not take responsibility for notices and complaints of alleged copyright infringement related to the submitted webseries.
5. SUBMISSIONSThere are NO SUBMISSION FEES.
All webseries that have three (3) or more completed and released webisodes January, 2016 are eligible for entry into the 2018 Festival competition. Entries can be of any duration, theme, genre, live action or animation.
National and International webseries are eligible for competition. International series only qualify for BEST INTERNATIONAL WEBSERIES.
In the case of being selected, entrants will be required to provide the Festival with three webisodes in the specified format for the Festival’s promotional purposes. Only non-Spanish submissions must have Spanish and/or Valenciano subtitles.
The nominated webseries must provide the Festival, at least one season of the series to show in the FIDEWÀ. If the series has not finished releasing its first season, then all completed webisodes to date will be required.
The deadline for submissions is 31th July, 2018. Entries are done through the web (www.fidewa.es), under the submissions tab.
The creators, or a representative, of the series selected for the final competition must be present in the Award Gala that will take place on Saturday 15th September, 2018.
The organization, according to its criteria, reserves the right to declare any prize void.
The organization reserves the right to amend guidelines, selection criteria, awards, screening, and activities if necessary.
6. JUDGESThe is jury composed of film, culture, and art personalities as well as audiovisual professionals specialized in new media. The Jury Members will be announced on the official website (www.fidewa.es). The Jury's decision is final.
7. SECTION AND AWARDS.The Festival is divided in two sections: Official Selection and Non-Official Selection.
OFFICIAL SECTION:Those series selected in this section compete for monetary prizes. The Official Awards will be announced and presented at the Festival’s Closing Gala. The Festival’s Jury will decide the list of winners. The organization guarantees the minimum reward specified below, it could change, always to increase:
1ST AWARD for BEST WEBSERIES “FIDEWOW”:1.500 euros & official trophy with the festival’s emblem.
2ND AWARD for BEST WEBSERIES:750 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
3RD AWARD for BEST WEBSERIES:375 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
BEST INTERNATIONAL WEBSERIES:800 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
BEST WEBSERIES IN THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY:500 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
SPECIAL AWARD “ALICANTE’S PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT” TO THE BEST WEBSERIES IN PROGRESS:1.200 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
AUDIENCE AWARD:500 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
SPECIAL AWARD “GVA /IVAJ (Valencian Youth Institute)” TO THE BEST WEBSERIES IN ETHICAL VALUES:2.000 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
SPECIAL AWARD FIDEWHAT THE FUCK!! TO THE MOST DISCONCERNING AND HILARIOUS WEBSERIES:150 euros & Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
BEST ACTRESS:Recognition Award. Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
BEST ACTOR:Recognition Award. Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
BEST SCREENPLAY:Recognition Award. Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
BEST DIRECTION:Recognition Award. Lithograph with the Festival’s emblem.
By law, all prizes are subject to tax withholding. To receive payment, the required documentation must be sent to the Festival’s organization before 15th September, 2018. The Festival does not take responsibility if this premise is not fulfilled.
NON OFFICIAL SECTION.The purpose of this section is to recognize the work and effort of those who form the audiovisual environment. The organization will select the winner. No previous registration in this section is required.
Special Mention:Best Online Content. The content proposal that generates the most engagement will be awarded.
Special Mention: Best Social Media Campaign.
The webseries that best manages its social media will be awarded.
Special Mention: Best Branden Content.
The webseries which best binds together its content and the view and philosophy of the brand, will be awarded Honorific Award.
8.- AUDIENCE AWARD. BEST WEBSERIES:The winner is selected by the spectators who attend the screenings by completing a questionnaire. There will be a ballot box to introduce the votes and it will be available during the festival 30 minutes before and after the screenings. There’s free access to every screening. The winner will be regarded with 500 euros & a commemorative lithograph with the Festival’s embleme.
The Audience Award and the Jury’s Awards are accumulative.
9. PREMIO A LA MEJOR WEBSERIE DE LA COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA:It will be considered a local production if it meets one or more of the following conditions:
To aim for BEST WEBSERIES IN THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY award, the series must have been produced and shot entirely in the Valencian Community. The Production Company or the Distributor must have their tax address and/or must be registered in the Valencian Community.
The series produced in the Valencian Community can also compete for the Best Webseries Award and the Audience Award. However, on the fringes of the previously mentioned requirements, the Jury will be in charge of selecting the winner according to their own judgment.
10. BEST WEBSERIES IN PROGRESS AWARD:Check specific competition rules.
11. PHASES.FIDEWÀ consists of two phases:
The first phase will be the pre-selection in which a maximum of 10 series will be selected. The selected webseries will be announced 15th August, 2018, through the Festival’s promotional channels and will go onto the next phase. This preselection will be carried out by the Organization and Selection Committee which will also make sure they fulfill all the requirements.
The second phase will be the one determining those webseries that will finally take part in the Official Selection and that will compete for the Awards. Each category will have a maximum of five finalists. The selected will be announced 1st September, 2018.
Members of the Jury will be selected by the Festival’s Direction Committee and will be composed of film, culture, and art personalities as well as audiovisual professionals specialized in new media.
Winners of the Official Selection will be announced at the FIDEWÀ’s Closing Gala.
12. SPECIAL AWARD “GVA /IVAJ (VALENCIAN YOUTH INSTITUTE)” TO THE BEST WEBSERIES IN ETHICAL VALUESCheck specific competition rules.
13. EXHIBITION RIGHTSParticipation in the FIDEWÀ implies understanding and acceptance of these regulations. The Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize any web series submitted and accepted for use for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the web series hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the web series for screening for profit and/or non-profit reasons, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless the FIDEWÀ from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening web series entered.
14. PROMOTION AND RIGHTSThe Festival reserves the rights to use all material submitted (photographs, screenshots, posters, etc.) including name of web series, video clips (trailer, teaser) for presentation of awards and promotional material (press, internet, social media,etc.).
15. ACCEPTANCE OF REGULATIONSParticipation in the FIDEWÀ implies the understanding and acceptance of these regulations, as well as the jury’s verdict.
16. DATA PROTECTIONPersonal data provided by the parties in the submission process is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes other than those contemplated in this guide, unless parties give their consent and according to the current legislation.
17. ADDRESSFIDEWÀ (Festival Internacional de Webseries de L´Alfàs del Pi)
Casa de cultura – Plaza Joan Carles 1º1
03580 / L'Alfàs del Pi (Alicante)
Tel: 96 588 94 23 / 965 88 94 24
Mobile: 678819494 / 607758848
Fax: 96 588 94 23
Mails: email@example.com // firstname.lastname@example.org